A belated review finally checking out the heavily armoured and equipped Hresvelgr. She’s the heavy guns of the grouping while also being able to glide on her giant sword, if you customize her to be that way. Hresvelgr is armed to the teeth, yet the bulkiness can be felt with this one that I jokingly nicknamed her a ‘Flying Fortress’.
Phew!~ Finally found the time to check out and review the lovely Hresvelgr. She’s quite something with all that blue trim on a main purple colour scheme. She also wears a swimsuit wear, and all those weaponry to blasts others to bits. Yeah, took a bit in finding the appropriate time and patience to allow me to finally crack open the box to finally check out this heavily armoured Frame Arms Girl. I was unable to do so earlier because of many distractions being: 1) KanColle Submarine event, 2) being sick, 3) workplace related mental break down, 4) Morale improvement via Nier: Automata & Wurm Unlimited, & etc. It’s been a rough time that I’ve even seen people unfollowing me, and I don’t blame them. It’s been madness that I, at the least, hope that people understand that mental breakdowns are normal when coming from a workplace environment. I just hope that people understand that stress exists in the world that you need some outlet (Tumblr was mine; Anime as a mental reset buttom) to keep ones’ self normal.
Anyways, with that little ‘note’ aside I’m glad to have finally considering myself sane again that I finally opened up Hresvelgr. Just checking her out while being somewhat shocked by how many part runners she has when compared to Jinrai and Materia. Both Jinrai & Renge checking it out all the parts to assemble her in curiousity. Makes sense for the type she is that she took 13 hours to build with me hitting the stop watch on that timer. Can’t really dedicate all that time that I now have to post & move on.
She lives! She lives! She’s finally active!
Phew! Done building. Now for some quick posings.
- Frame Arms Girl – Anime OP & ED appearance:
At last! Done building. If there was any more I’m skipping it because that’s just draining for how many parts there were to get things done. Yeah, I’m done when making note from an instruction manual type manner, and I wanted to make sure I assembled all the pieces before calling it completed. I’m going to have to keep in mind in how long it takes for a future note if another ‘heavy’ type appears so I can genuinely time my free-time just for another heavy type for around 13+ hours. If one is truly worth my prolonged attention then I’ll consider obtaining another heavy type, and if not I’ll most likely ignore. Thankfully, Hresvelgr is indeed a lovely figure with beautiful detailing in her shiny clear blue trim while also wearing a swimsuit outfit. She just so happened to be worthy from a haste-purchase from being neat from preview images when first previewed that it was actually rewarding in the end, if exhausting when having to cram all that time into her. No pantsu teases here, just a swimsuit tease fetish because of Strike Witches influences on this FA: Girl.
Yeah, I love her casual form. It’s simple, neat, and fancy. The simple swimsuit to keep her modest (& meaty at the back), while also having the ability to custromize her into a submarine Kanmusu from the KanColle universe. Could use her body to customize I-8, I-26, or whichever. You can mix and match a ton of stuff, even swapping the chest plate from swimsuit to a battle type (stuck with the shiny trim blue). There’ll be noticable issues in places where over-encumbrance shall be be an issue when you attach all the parts, yet if you can manage it shall be rewarding. When one has true patience one can gain all the rewards from her in the end. There’s also a few parts you may be required to glue into place, such as the blue bit for the battle armor on her arm. I do find her fully armoured set to be neat, yet she’s way too fragile & tricky to keep as is. Something to be feared in her realm, as with posing anywhere one would be fearful of losing parts. When you put too much on her figure she’ll start to begin retaliating in the form of parts falling off constantly in places. Even tipping over, at the risk of even losing parts in both indoor & outdoor settings. The satisfaction of seeing her fully armoured in the end: Priceless.
I love all the forms of weaponry she has. The twinblades (both blade & gun behaviour), the side blades on her backpack, and even a smaller blade that has another piece within it. I need to figure out how to grab a handle to be able to wield it, something similar to Renge’s red (or blue) fox tail blade. She has a nice range of weaponry to ruin a Frame Arms Girl’s day in combat. One would really have to focus & strategies seriously to knock her off her feet, or out of the sky…Whichever it is. That is, if she was real you would really have to think cleverly to damage her.
She’s a nice figure, yet she’s a multi-day project for people in a school and workplace setting; Mine being latter. Just way too much to do to complete her fully in a vanilla instruction manual manner that I simply was lucky to have two days off in a row. If you plan to obtain her then make sure you have both the time & patience. Maybe even a helping hand. I’m relieved to be done with her (instruction wise), even proud with how she appears in various forms. Now that she’s build I’m free to pose her, use her accessories, and others freely. It’s a bit like having to put your fill in before you can see things in return. As the saying goes: “No pain, no gain”. Even pleased with how cute she is with the facial expressions that I can’t help but see both Charlotte & even Tatenashi Sarashiki from the Infinite Stratos anime. She’s an awesome FA: Girl.
Average build time for her being 13 hours her; 5-8 for Materia, Jinrai, & Innocentia. Well, she’s worth it. I now have more accessories to mix-and-match with other Frame Arms Girls. That’s the whole beauty of this is that you can mix-and-match to have them appear as you desire, something that was Busou Shinki’s original selling point. Even on their own they have ways for you to customize them as to not get bored of them. It’s a bit of a ‘customization inception’, type thing.
If I was to rate Hresvelgr I’d give her a nice solid 9/10 for how detailed she is. You can do so much with her, even move her from casual to battle mode, or casualize her battle armour, as I have.
- A lovely clear-blue trim on her head, and other parts of her body. A nice blue colour to make everything appear beautiful and futuristic. Clean.
- Swimsuit to alternate between Strike Witches designed pantsu design.
- Love the clean ‘A11’ part face plate allowing for a ‘dummy/doll’, or empty body type feel.
- Comes with the standard types of pair of hands for various posing styles.
- Lovely range of melee weapons, even strongly implying she can fly as a flying fortress of the Frame Arms Girl kind. Anime also backs this up in both the opening & ending sequence of episode 1 (shown above).
- Loving the blue clear plastic parts that make her appear far fancier. The head visor, the blades, the blade in a blade, and even a see-through wall to what could be a ‘revolver’ in her back armour piece.
- The different between casual & combat being vast that if you dislike her in high heels that you can swap with battle ‘chicken legs’ type legging for her to deal with trickier terrain. She could handle snow, yet fear losing parts in snow.
- A large enough posing range that she can enter any sort of combat & casual pose. She can be sniping, or what have you.
- The blue blade in her thigh/knee armour is an interesting defensive choice. It may slide in and out of that bulky armour set.
- The front toe of her armour feet may be articulated around for various reasons. There’s parts that may articulate more for various poses, transformation types, and etc.
- She simply seems stunning in her casual form. Her main battle form is also something impressive to note.
- Neck piece on my Hresvelgr keeps popping off during posing. That little peg doesn’t stay on the other peg because of the grey neck piece for decoration.
- Limiting face plates that one should have contained happier emotions. A smile, or a sleeping face. Something other. Even in decal form.
- Hresvelgr & other Frame Arms have standing issues with tiny feet. The high heels of Hres’ makes her have difficulties standing in places that those ‘chicken feet’ are required to allow her to balance. Her & other Frame Arms have that small feed issue.
- Issues pulling out the hand peg to put into other arm pieces. May have to look at runners for spares.
- Being a model type figure she may easily lose parts outdoors & in various areas that one has to be extremely cautious to not lose parts.
- No parts container, even for this heavier type girl. Way too many spare parts that one has to go out and buy containers to hold parts.
- Some limiting factors in posing in both casual and combat manner that causes parts to fly off in reaction.
- When fully equipped in her full armour gear she has this habit of tipping over easily that a stand is required at times. A poor pose causes her to topple easily. Being a plastic model this becomes a much more serious issue. If owning duplicates one can remedy this problem for a while.
- 13 hours exhaustion. Just keeps going, and going, and going…..*yawns heavily* Whatever is left I left undone until a later date for another article.
I also acquired Frame Arms Girl: Innocentia after an awkward Canada Post occurance. Depend on when I have time I’ll post that story, as with the beauty of Innocentia. Something to look forward to when paired up with episode 2 of FA: Girl anime.
See you in the next Frame Arms Girl posting!